It’s great to set goals. It’s great to feel you have clarity and direction in your life. That’s why I’m a strong advocate of the discipline.
But there is a downside to setting goals and that doesn’t get talked about much. One of the “bad side effects” of becoming more conscious of how we are creating our lives is the minds temptation to return to the old patterns of thinking.
This clash between the new way of thinking and old way of thinking can bring about a range of negative thoughts, emotions and patterns. Patterns that may have stopped us before.
How we handle the negative thoughts and emotions that bubble up from the unconscious can either undermine our progress or speed us on our way. If we don’t handle them correctly we can quickly find ourselves drained, stuck and cynical.
I’m planning this topic to be a two part video series. In this video I share where negative emotions come from and why they arise when we want to create a new reality for ourselves.
But there is a downside to setting goals and that doesn’t get talked about much. One of the “bad side effects” of becoming more conscious of how we are creating our lives is the minds temptation to return to the old patterns of thinking.
This clash between the new way of thinking and old way of thinking can bring about a range of negative thoughts, emotions and patterns. Patterns that may have stopped us before.
How we handle the negative thoughts and emotions that bubble up from the unconscious can either undermine our progress or speed us on our way. If we don’t handle them correctly we can quickly find ourselves drained, stuck and cynical.
I’m planning this topic to be a two part video series. In this video I share where negative emotions come from and why they arise when we want to create a new reality for ourselves.
